Friday, October 17, 2014

Week 2 down!

So these last two weeks have been pretty uneventful unfortunately. I think I'm starting to get my bearings and am feeling the urge to see new things and get out more. It's still tough as I am feeling alone. 

Tomorrow my team is hopefully taking me to Tagaytay (a volcanic area) to see the sites, then to Mall of Asia. I say hopefully because these poor guys have not gotten paid yet, and they will either get paid at midnight tonight or at midnight on Monday. So if they don't see money come through, no one can afford to go. So I feel bad for them. Let's hope it works out for all of us! They need to get paid and I want to get out of my hotel! :P If it turns out they don't get paid, Tagaytay is out, but one Manila trainer did say he'd show me around Manila with his fiance as a back up plan. Next weekend I am hoping to travel to the Palawan Islands and enjoy the beaches and underground caves!! I'm tempted to freaking do it alone if no one will go with me. I have a lady from Reno here that said she'd like to go, but it's not definite yet. Fingers crossed!! I'm all the way over here and I want to see things! I just don't want to travel alone - safety wise. Though I'm thinking if I pay a little extra, I may be able to travel alone safely if it comes to that. I will see as the time comes. 

My team is still planning on taking me to karaoke in the next two weeks. I really want to go to karoake! Haha. I'm also trying to get others who are training here from Reno and Dublin to go out to dinner and drinks this Sunday. Monday night I'm getting together for dinner with another team who's training for a different job. So things are starting to happen, thank God. For the last two weeks it's been work, work, and more work. Lots of room service and going to the mall. I've only had one night out. This has to change. Though tonight is another night in of room service, wine, blogging apparently, and watching Carrie Underwood in the Sound of Music on my tv. I have a couple of movie channels in my room - this has been important since I've spent a lot of time in my hotel room working and having movies on in the background. 

Training wise I have felt overly stressed this week. My company sent me over to train a lot of information I do not know. They knew that, so within a couple of weeks I've had to do crash courses on these processes. Then they expect me to be able to answer every question a trainee has. They also had me prepare a lot of my presentation and somehow I need to know how to develop these trainees into well knowledgable employees. They start their jobs the week after I leave, so they will be under a lot of pressure as well. But I do what I can and I'm working really REALLY hard to make sure these guys succeed. You should see the recruitment process here for employees. It's awesome these guys got this job in the first place, so I want to make sure they keep it. They are really good guys. Anyways, two more weeks of training left. This next week deals with more processes I do on a daily basis, so teaching should be easier (except for a couple of things). Anyways, work has been crazy!! It's embedded in my brain. 

I hope to have more exciting stories in the next 2 weeks. If I go home without anything to tell, that will be incredibly sad. So that won't happen. Have a happy weekend everyone!

A view of my office in Manila (Alabang) taken by my co-worker:

\
 

I dont' like this picture of me - so tired as it's my first day at work here, but I still have to post it! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment