Today was a decently good day. Despite I am still feeling jet lag (tired, sore muscles, lightheaded, etc), I had a nice day meeting my trainees (and other trainees for other departments).
First of all, yesterday was a relaxing day of unpacking and settling in to my hotel room. Then my co-worker from Dublin and I wen to the Alabang mall. The mall here is huge and very active. You'd walk by and see people singing with the piano, a group dancing zumba, and of course there was a movie theater and a million shops/restaurants. My friend and I at dim sum...oh yum!
Today I enjoyed the breakfast buffet. They have amazing coffee in my hotel...a nice dark roast that is perfect. I'd like to bring the coffee home with me at the end of the month. Upon arriving at work, we weren't allowed to bring anything into training except our actual laptop. Everything else needed to be stored in a locker. Today we just met everyone who is in training (I have 5 people and my coworker has 22)! So I think I have it a bit easier than she does. Everyone is incredibly friendly and loves to smile ~ I think I'm in the right place after all! LOL. A few of the guys took us out to lunch across the street to Fast Bytes - a compilation of different restaurants (Filipino and American - such as McDonalds). We went to a Filipino place where I ordered pork spare ribs, garlic rice and egg rolls. Little did I know that Filipinos love FAT! Therefore my pork ribs were ALL FAT! Blah. But the rice and egg rolls were good. Then I was served a green jello flavored by this green grass only found in the tropics and mixed with coconut cream. It was interesting and a few bites were enough. :) That was enough experimenting for the day, so therefore my friend and I had burgers back at the hotel. Anyways, that's enough for today!

No comments:
Post a Comment