Friday, October 10, 2014

Week 1 DONE!

Week one in Manila is done! It's been an interesting week - not too eventful this first week, as all I wanted to do was rest. I have a great class to train, and consider myself lucky as I'm only training 5 guys compared to other classes that are around 20 people. The guys in my class are very outgoing and welcoming. Every day we all go out to eat (or at least eat together), and they are very helpful in describing things to me. Training was a bit of a mess this week, so hopefully the next three weeks will go well.

I've enjoyed (and tolerated) some interesting food throughout the week. I've had dim sum (YUM), chicken adobo, lumpia (egg rolls), steamed buns, filipino fried chicken, RICE, spare ribs (yuck), and a pretty decent burger and fries at my hotel. I had pizza last night as I'm trying to be "safe" with my choices, and BLAH! Worst pizza ever. At least I had wine. All I really want is a salad, which according to others from Reno staying here, the salad is safe to eat. Thank God, I hope that's true. My hotels breakfast buffet is wonderful for the most part. Great coffee, croissants, rice and miso soup every morning - so far that is my staple breakfast. I LOVE miso soup and am so happy I have it available every day.

I actually need to take more pictures of everything in Manila! So far I'm only taking pictures of food. Haha. But I will get better, I promise. See my flickr account for photos! https://www.flickr.com/photos/gabelly/sets/

So for my first weekend, it won't be too exciting. I'm headed over to the Bellevue Manila (I am currently in the B Hotel, which is the sister hotel of the Bellevue). Therefore I am allowed to use the amazing amenities in the Bellevue, and I get a free shuttle back and forth. So today I'll be enjoying the pool and gym, and then hopefully going to the mall for some clothes and grocery shopping. My office is freezing (we call it Siberia), so I need to buy a couple of nice work sweaters, as I did not bring any with me forgetting that places will be blasting with AC. Now that I'm here I actually hate half of the clothes I brought. I hate that. :P

Well thank you all for reading my blog! I'm basically repeating everything I'm saying on Facebook, but I'm treating this blog as more of my travel diary.

Salamat! (Thank you in Tagalog)



No comments:

Post a Comment