I'm finally in Manila and settled into my hotel room. My 30 hour trip was interesting! I made it to LA only to find that my flight to Tokyo was 2 hours delayed, which meant I would miss my connection. Therefore, I had to change flights, retrieve my bag in baggage claim, re check in, and go through security again. I was not taking this as a good sign, until I ran into Sean Astin at baggage claim. For those of you who don't know, he is Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings (and also in Goonies, Rudy, etc). He was such a nice (and sleepy) guy, and I'm so happy I said hello to him. He was very polite and asked how I was....he didn't have to keep talking to me, but he did, so that was nice of him. So yay! Good sign! :D I got my new flight which meant I only had an hour layover in Tokyo...that's cutting it close! Especially since there was a Typhoon in Japan, which congested traffic and made my flight about 45 min late. Once I got off that plane, through security again, and to the check in counter, I had to SPRINT to my flight because they were holding it for a couple of us. Thank God! I made it! (Though I may need to work out more...that was a tough sprint...lol). My flight landed in Manila, my bag was there (I was quite afraid it wouldn't be), and my ride to my hotel went smooth. Oh, and another good sign was that I sat in row #23 - my family's lucky number and a deep down sign that my grandparents are watching over me as a travel. On all my trips, I secretly hope to see the #23. And Boom, I sat in it. Good sign. :)
The hotel room is pretty good, and I'm trying to figure out my AC for the perfect Celsius temperature. The hotel staff is incredibly friendly. The breakfast buffet this morning (it's free every morning, yay) was very good...I'm actually excited I get to drink miso soup every morning. :) So far my biggest complaint is that my waterfall shower doesn't have hot water. I was looking forward to a hot shower so much last night when I finally made it to the hotel after a 30 hour trip. But, alas, no hot water. First world problems, I know.
Right now I'm ready to just go back to sleep! So tired. I didn't sleep in too late because I really want to be able to sleep well tonight. Tomorrow is my first work day and I'm so nervous!! I really have no idea what everything is going to be like. I also do not have access to my training materials today, so that really sucks! Apparently since my wi-fi is an open network, my microsoft access does not work. So that really sucks again! So I'm feeling a little lost right now, but hopefully once everything gets started it will feel much better. Fingers crossed!!!
Hotel Room View:
Sean Astin - he's so cute...
Hotel Room:
No comments:
Post a Comment