Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Same ol' Manila

This last week has not been eventful. Stressful and overwhelming, but definitely not eventful. All I've done is wake up, go to work, come back to the hotel, and work more. I have too much work. Also, I don't like wandering around Manila by myself, so I pretty much stay in my hotel since everyone I work with from my company works the night shift and I am the only one who works the day shift. Hence, there is no one in my hotel to play. Boo. I'm really looking forward to Saturday because I'm FINALLY getting out of the hotel and seeing the Philippines. The team I am training are taking me to Tagaytay to see the volcano and the sites, and then to Mall of Asia. So that will be a fun day. Sunday I'll hopefully go to the bigger hotel and use the pool. Filipino men STARE! So last weekend when I went to the pool and it was empty except for the workers, it was awkward. They stare also because they are trying to wait on you hand and foot. I get it, but come on. The security guard in my building at work stares all the time as well. He'll always try to open the door for me, but every time, he proceeds to watch me walk all the way down the hallway until I enter my training room. Awkward!!

This week has been tough work wise, so hence, I am venting. This getaway is really for WORK, and not for much play. Playing in Manila is not so fun, as it's a very busy and crazy city that is not the most comfortable of places to walk around in alone. The hotel shuttle guys tell me not to take cabs because they are dangerous. Awesome.

Needless to say, I can't wait to see the volcano this weekend, but I am also looking forward to going home and enjoying my life there. Traveling is not so much fun when you are alone and not surrounded by a place you long to be (if I were in a small town in the Philippines, I bet I would like this better, but this is a dirty city, so eh, not my favorite place). Next trip is going to be to Italy. Hands down. I can't wait to be there one day. :)

Vent over. Time for bed. I'm sure this trip will get better! It's not bad - I'm just ready to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment