Monday, October 20, 2014

Manila Ocean Park Day!

Unfortunately I was unable to go to Tagaytay on Saturday. My team didn't get paid in time and therefore couldn't afford to go. Turns out they got paid that night. I understand that feeling, but it still sucked nonetheless. Now I just tell myself that for some reason, I was not meant to be there that day. Instead, I ate breakfast with a couple of people, then proceeded to go to the mall to get some exercise (it's a huge mall and even though I didn't want to shop, I power walked my way around and ended up going in many, many circles). I saw others walking around with a strangely shaped food, and decided to find it. Turns out it was an ice cream cone called a Jipangyi! See picture below. The rest of the evening was spent watching movies and dealing with the new headache that arrived. 

Sunday I awoke to the same headache. This sucked, as I decided to sign up for the Manila Ocean Park tour. So I spent the morning eating a breakfast of mini croissants, coffee and miso soup, and hoping to rid the headache. At noon I left for Ocean Park with a couple from Melbourne, Australia whom also joined. This is basically why I chose this tour, as all others would have just been me, by myself, all alone. This couple was lovely and a good choice to spend the day with at the park. They were probably in their 60's, very sweet and loved to talk. The park was definitely not the most amazing thing I've seen, but it was nice to be out! I took many pictures of all the fish (mostly aquariums of random fish, sharks, jellyfish and stingrays). The only really good part of the park was the short moment you could spend touching the sting rays and then enjoying the 20 minute sea lion show. The best part of the day was paying an extra $6 to get my picture taken kissing one of the sea lions (Izabela or Victor - not sure who it was, but you'll see below)!

Of course after the trip we all went back to the hotel. My headache still slightly throbbing. My dinner plans were then canceled due to the fact that my co-worker was also suffering from a headache and needed to sleep it off. So I definitely didn't mind, as I nursed my headache as well. Something in the air maybe? A little too hot this weekend and became a bit dehydrated perhaps? Who knows. 

Today is now Monday and the headache is still slightly around - going away little by little every day. My tummy is still not accustomed to things around here either! We had pizza delivered to our office for lunch, and boy was it not a happy afternoon! (Too much information? Haha). Now I'm looking forward to the end of the week! If only I could skip ahead. I booked an hour and a half massage at the nice hotel on Friday for only $25. Yay! Then on Saturday morning my co-worker and I are traveling to Palawan (Puerto Princesa) to spend the evening in a nice, beach front resort, enjoying cocktails and sandy beaches. Then have a fun filled, 2 hour adventure through the underground caves! Sadly, back home by Sunday evening. So a very short trip, but it will be worthwhile. :) Once that is over, I will definitely be ready to fly home on the 31st. If it weren't for this trip, I'd be ready now. I miss home, and I am much more appreciative of fresh fruits and vegetables washed in clean water available to me anytime. And my tummy will be very happy to be home too.

Thanks for reading! :)

                                                                       A Jipangyi!


                                                               Kissing a Sea Lion <3

No comments:

Post a Comment